MOV is a popular video format for video files which is usually play using QuickTime player on Mac and Windows both. It is widely used in digital medias nowadays because video files can be easily edited and very convenient to play. MOV videos are even termed as QuickTime MOV files, However there might instances while playing these videos using QuickTime you may face error message like
“Error -2048: Couldn’t open the file because it is not a file that QuickTime understands.”
This error code appears when corruption occurred in MOV files or due to corruption in QuickTime program files. In such type of situation there is inaccessibility occurred to saved video files and you would lost these files too. So, it is extremely important to fix MOV QuickTime error 2048 and get back your lost files.
Some Reasons for Causing MOV QuickTime Error 2048
- While there is corruption in header file of MOV.
- Improper compressing of MOV files.
- Corruption of digital camcorder firmware.
- Due to abrupt removal of storage medias.
- Virus or malware attack etc.
Can it is Possible to Fix MOV QuickTime Error 2048 Manually
If you are receiving the error code: 2048 during playing favorite .mov videos then you can reinstall the updated version of QuickTime player to fix MOV QuickTime error 2048 through following steps
- First Open the web browser then visit the Apple Online Store.
- Now you need to Click “Account” in right corner of the top. Press the “Downloadable software purchases” link at the “Orders” section.
- Then Input the Apple ID and user password in appropriate fields, click “Sign In.”
- After that Click at “QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component” link to save file to the desktop.
- Finally Double-click at the file and you need to follow onscreen prompts in order to update the software, for the compatibility of QuickTime version 7.6.
Unfortunately, if the error code remains then you will have to repair MOV files with third party tool.
Solution to Fix MOV QuickTime error 2048
After losing files because of corruption, many people think how to fix MOV QuickTime error 2048 and they even have perception that lost file cannot be recovered. But that is not true you can recover corrupted MOV files easily through using MOV video recovery software. It restores all types of corrupted .mov videos within just clicks. It first repairs damaged files through its cutting edge scanning techniques then successfully recovers it. There is no need for technical expertise for operating this tool because a novice can perform retrieving of files with ease.
Best Characteristics of MOV Video Recovery Software
- Repairs and Recovers corrupted MOV file effectively.
- Restores videos in their original format.
- Provides preview before recovery begins.
- Offers facility to save recovered items at desired location.
Follow the Steps to Fix MOV QuickTime error 2048
Step 1 : Download MOV video recovery software first then install it. Run the application and connect media to computer. Press at ‘start scan’ button.
Step 2 : Choose required drive which need to scan for the recovery then press at start scan. Advance Scan option is available to customize restoring according to file types.
Step 3 : Now there will be the list of every supported file formats displayed. choose the appropriate file types and click at start scan.
Step 4 : The software starts the scan of selected media and gives you preview for recoverable items.
Step 5 : After the scan ends, recovered files will be listed at folders as per file types. Now you can see its preview through choosing any file.
Step 6 : At last you have to choose the destination for saving files then press at ‘OK’. files will be stored in the selected destination.